Every day is a school day
This is a catalogue of notable things David Winterbottom has learnt (since July 2020).
There have been 130 TILs so far — recent topics include Django, Testing, Python, mypy, Flake8, Git and pytest.
You can browse posts chronologically or by tag.
- Django doesn’t flush caches between tests on
- How Django’s management commands need to be type hinted on
- File-level flake8 comments ignore all errors on
- Git aliases that run an external command are run from the repository root on
- That Pytest’s “keyword expression” filtering supports Python conditionals on
That FreezeGun doesn’t work with Pytest fixtures (unless you use
- About Chrome’s named windows on
mypy’s unreachable code functionality on
mypyonly type-checks functions that have at least one type annotation on
git log -Gon
alertBash alias on
- About Vim’s semi-colon search offset on
- The ISO-3166 codes for the United Kingdon are inaccurate on
- That Vim’s uppercase marks are global and persistent on
- Sensitive Terraform Cloud variables are included in Sentinel mocks on
- The correct sequence of SQL statements for dropping a role on
csv.writerfunction defaults to Windows line endings on
Other TIL sites
Other people making public notes on what they are learning: