Every day is a school day
This is a catalogue of notable things David Winterbottom has learnt (since July 2020).
There have been 136 TILs so far — recent topics include Django, Python, SSH, MacOS and Git.
You can browse posts chronologically or by tag.
- Django settings prefixed with an underscore are private on
- How to reset an SSH session on
- How to easily copy annotated screenshots to the clipboard on macOS on
- The names for macOS keyboard meta-characters on
- You can have SSH sessions via AWS Session Manager on
- Django doesn’t flush caches between tests on
- How Django’s management commands need to be type hinted on
- File-level flake8 comments ignore all errors on
- Git aliases that run an external command are run from the repository root on
- That Pytest’s “keyword expression” filtering supports Python conditionals on
That FreezeGun doesn’t work with Pytest fixtures (unless you use
- About Chrome’s named windows on
mypy’s unreachable code functionality on
mypyonly type-checks functions that have at least one type annotation on
git log -Gon
alertBash alias on
Other TIL sites
Other people making public notes on what they are learning: