Every day is a school day
This is a catalogue of notable things David Winterbottom has learnt (since July 2020).
There have been 220 posts so far — recent topics include MacOS, Bear, Vim, Markdown, Python, pipx, LLM and Bash.
You can browse posts chronologically or by tag.
Recently I learnt...
- How to bind custom keyboard shortcuts to nested MacOS menu options on
How to create custom replacements for
- How to make the MacOS app switcher appear on all displays on
pipxchooses which Python to install a package with on
~/.psqlrcoptions can override command-line options on
- Github supports a Markdown extension for creating alert blocks on
How to avoid version conflicts in lock files compiled with
- How to run Google sites as standalone MacOS apps that Alfred can start on
- How to get Gunicorn to log as JSON on
How to use
jqto only parse valid JSON lines on
How to get uWSGI’s
log-routeto support regular expressions on
- How to syntax-highlight kubectl YAML output on
- That two trailing spaces indicates a line break in Markdown on
- That Vimium has shortcuts for following pagination links on
- How to avoid committing Jupyter Notebook output to Git on
- You can search Slack by custom channel section on
- How to set per-role statement timeouts in Postgres on
- That macOS Ventura and iOS 15 can play background rain noise on
Other TIL sites
Other people making public notes on what they are learning: